2021 BIP Certification Training
This online course meets the training requirement for certification as a Batterer Intervention Provider pursuant to KRS 403.7505 and 922 KAR 5:020. It will cover characteristics and dynamics of domestic violence, clinical profiling of domestic violence batterers, risk assessment and lethality of domestic violence batterers, the intervention of batterers, effective services for victims and child witnesses of domestic violence, safety planning for victims, criminal sanctions for domestic violence, and legal remedies for victims.
- Participants will be able to understand the batterer intervention provider certification process.
- Participants will be able to discuss the effects of battering on victims and their children.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate intervention techniques with batterers.
- Participants will be able to discuss criminal and civil remedies and sanctions.
This course will consist of the following:
1) Participants will listen to a series of 7 podcast episodes on their own.
2) Participants MUST join KCADV trainers for 4 live sessions to interact with one another and to be able to ask questions about the materials.
3) Participants must participate in discussion boards.